In this article, we have given you information about what is the difference between WHM and cPanel?
WHM (Webhost Manager) is the administrative control provider on a dedicated server or VPS. This allows you to manage customer accounts for another hosting provider. WHM is also a reseller control panel. This is what you use to manage our customers with all reseller hosting plans and all resold accounts for reseller hosting plans. However, resellers WHM have limited the rights of VPS reseller and dedicated server (root user rights) in WHM, some of which are not available.
In WHM, what you can do
- create individual accounts
- create custom hosting packages
- add domains to the server
- manage features of hosting packages and accounts
- reset passwords/contact email addresses for cPanel accounts
- edit Resource Limits for cPanel accounts
- modify DNS zone records for each domain/subdomain
- set up private nameservers on the server
- access resold accounts without entering login details
- perform basic system and control panel maintenance
You can do all this in WHM (Webhost Manager)
What Is cPanel?
cPanel is the most trusted Linux-based control panel for web hosting accounts. It allows you to easily manage all services in one place. Currently, cPanel is the industry standard and many web developers are well aware of. Intuitive and easy to use cPanel empowers you to manage web hosting accounts with maximum efficiency. Whether it will enable FTP users and e-mail addresses or monitor to create new resources, create a sub-domain and software to be installed.
What you can do in cPanel:
- install CMS using Softaculous
- upload and manage files for their websites
- add/remove addon domains and subdomains
- create email accounts and manage email settings and SPAM protection
- edit DNS records for their domains
- check website statistics
- manage databases and backups, etc.
What are the main benefits of cPanel?
cPanel allows users to organize files easily. If you do not want to use the website builder, then simple GUI (Graphic User Interface) management system administrators. cPanel is made user-friendly that of peers and competitors. To explain this, plus details, go to the same list here:
- Allows you to add on domains and manage email according to hosting plans
- Gives control over FTP accounts to upload, delete or move files on the server
- Provides users with web related stats like visitors/month through AWS stats
- Numerous add-ons and APIs with Softaculous integration that allows users to download WordPress, Joomla or Drupal updates
- Ensures that your data is secure along with backup and recovery options; all this without compromising on scale
- Much economical in comparison to Windows
What are the main benefits of WHM?
WHM allows all its users to use the domain’s DNS zone. It also allows users to create an account, delete and suspension to cPanel. Configuration of customer requests via cPanel and in addition to the ability to support, also allows the user domain and customer name to be renamed. There are many other advantages of the WHM virtual private server and dedicated server with the number of backend control cPanel. They can be listed as follows:
- WHM allow users to install and manage SSL certificates with ease
- It allows assignment and whitelisting of IP addresses
- With WHM, one can get access to all the accounts inside. In addition to this, it also allows one to change the ownership of the account in case an account is sold or deleted
- Clients can receive newsletters, updates and deal upgrades via WHM
- WHM allows other websites to brand themselves with different WHM skins
- It also monitors the status of the server and resources
- On the whole, WHM takes away the time spent on server administration and puts the focus on managing requirements of customers.
Features of CPanel and WHM differ significantly from each other. They work together but also maintain these differences that benefit both end-users and resellers. We hope you understand the difference between cPanel and WHM. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.